Security Update:VMware has released one Security Advisory to address CRITICAL vulnerabilities IN ESXi, Workstation, and Fusion.
Date and Time
VMware has released one Security Advisory to address CRITICAL vulnerabilities IN ESXi, Workstation, and Fusion.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to:
- (VMware Security Advisories) VMSA-2018-0026: VMware ESXi, Workstation, and Fusion updates address an out-of-bounds read vulnerability: https://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2018-0026.html
- VMware vSphere ESXi (ESXi)
- VMware Workstation Pro / Player (Workstation)
- VMware Fusion Pro, Fusion (Fusion)
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
A remote attacker could exploit these vulnerabilities to obtain sensitive information.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
VMware recommends customers to review the patch/release notes for your product and version and verify the checksum of your downloaded file.
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support, updates may be obtained through the VMware Security Advisory listed above.
- VMware Security Updates at http://www.vmware.com/security/advisories.html
- IT Security at http://it.ucsf.edu/security