Security Update:VMware has released a Security Advisory to address CRITICAL vulnerabilities IN ESXi, Workstation, and Fusion
Date and Time
VMware has released a Security Advisory to address CRITICAL vulnerabilities IN ESXi, Workstation, and Fusion.
Advanced Users:For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to:
- (VMware Security Advisories) VMSA-2018-0027: VMware ESXi, Workstation, and Fusion updates address uninitialized stack memory usage: https://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2018-0027.html
- VMware vSphere ESXi (ESXi)
- VMware Workstation Pro / Player (Workstation)
- VMware Fusion Pro, Fusion (Fusion)
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
A remote attacker could exploit these vulnerabilities to obtain sensitive information.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
VMware recommends customers to review the patch/release notes for your product and version and verify the checksum of your downloaded file.
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support, updates may be obtained through the VMware Security Advisory listed above.
- VMware Security Updatesat http://www.vmware.com/security/advisories.html
- IT Securityat http://it.ucsf.edu/security