Security Update:VMware has released a Security Advisory to address Critical vulnerabilities in vSphere Data Protection (VDP)
Date and Time
VMware has released a Security Advisory to address Critical vulnerabilities in vSphere Data Protection (VDP).
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to:
- (VMware Security Advisories) VMSA-2018-0029: vSphere Data Protection (VDP) updates address multiple security issues: https://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2018-0029.html
- VDP 6.1.x and 6.0.x
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Successful exploitation of this vulnerability may allow an unauthorized attacker to take control of an affected system
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
VMware recommends customers to review the patch/release notes for your product and version and verify the checksum of your downloaded file.
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support, updates may be obtained through VMware Security Advisories listed above.
- VMware Security Updates at http://www.vmware.com/security/advisories.html
- IT Security at http://it.ucsf.edu/security