Security Update:The Samba Team has released security updates to address several vulnerabilities in Samba
Date and Time
The Samba Team has released security updates to address several vulnerabilities in Samba.
Advanced Users: For complete descriptions of the security updates, please go to:
- CVE-2018-14629 at: https://www.samba.org/samba/security/CVE-2018-14629.html
- CVE-2018-16841 at: https://www.samba.org/samba/security/CVE-2018-16841.html
- CVE-2018-16851 at: https://www.samba.org/samba/security/CVE-2018-16851.html
- CVE-2018-16852 at: https://www.samba.org/samba/security/CVE-2018-16852.html
- CVE-2018-16853 at: https://www.samba.org/samba/security/CVE-2018-16853.html
- CVE-2018- 16857 at: https://www.samba.org/samba/security/CVE-2018-16857.html
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to take control of an affected system.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Users and administrators are encouraged to review the Security Advisories and apply the necessary updates:
- IT Security - http://it.ucsf.edu/security