Security Update:VMware has released a Security Advisory to address a CRITICAL vulnerability in Workstation and Fusion
Date and Time
VMware has released a Security Advisory to address a CRITICAL vulnerability in Workstation and Fusion.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to:
- (VMware Security Advisories) VMSA-2018-0030: VMware Workstation and Fusion updates address an integer overflow issue: https://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2018-0030.html
- VMware Workstation 15.x and 14.x
- VMware Fusion 11.x and 11.x
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to take control of an affected system
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
VMware recommends customers to review the patch/release notes for your product and version and verify the checksum of your downloaded file.
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support, updates may be obtained through the VMware Security Advisory listed above.
- VMware Security Updates at http://www.vmware.com/security/advisories.html
- IT Security at http://it.ucsf.edu/security