Security Update:The CERT Coordination Center (CERT/CC) has released information on CRITICAL vulnerabilities affecting versions of Microsoft Windows and Windows Server
Date and Time
Microsoft Windows and Windows Server users
The CERT Coordination Center (CERT/CC) has released information on CRITICAL vulnerabilities affecting versions of Microsoft Windows and Windows Server.
Advanced Users:For a complete description and affected software refer to:
- CVE-2018-8611 | Windows Kernel Elevation of Privilege Vulnerabilityat:https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en-US/security-guidance/advisory/CVE-2018-8611
- CVE-2018-8626 | Windows DNS Server Heap Overflow Vulnerability at:https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en-US/security-guidance/advisory/CVE-2018-8626
- Windows and Windows Server
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
If exploited, this vulnerability could allow an attacker to take control of an affected system.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support or they do not support your computer,Microsoft recommends that you turn on automatic updates. For more information, please see the security update referred to above.
- IT Security – http://it.ucsf.edu/security