Security Update:VMware has released a Security Advisory to address an IMPORTANT vulnerability in multiple products
Date and Time
VMware has released a Security Advisory to address an IMPORTANT vulnerability in multiple products.
Advanced Users:For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to:
- (VMware Security Advisories) VMSA-2019-0001.2: VMware product updates resolve mishandled file descriptor vulnerability in runc container runtime: https://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2019-0001.html
- VMware Integrated OpenStack with Kubernetes (VIO-K)
- VMware PKS (PKS)
- VMware vCloud Director Container Service Extension (CSE)
- vSphere Integrated Containers (VIC)
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to take control of an affected system
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support, updates may be obtained through the VMware Security Advisory listed above.
- VMware Security Updatesat http://www.vmware.com/security/advisories.html
- IT Securityat http://it.ucsf.edu/security