Security Update:VMware has released two Security Advisory to address IMPORTANT and MODERATE vulnerabilities affecting various products
Date and Time
VMware has released two Security Advisory to address IMPORTANT and MODERATE vulnerabilities affecting various products.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to:
- (VMware Security Advisories) VMSA-2019-0002: VMware Workstation update addresses elevation of privilege issues: https://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2019-0002.html
- (VMware Security Advisories) VMSA-2019-0003: VMware Horizon update addresses Connection Server information disclosure vulnerability: https://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2019-0003.html
- VMware Workstation Pro / Player (Workstation) 14 and 15
- VMware Horizon 6 AND 7
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
An attacker could exploit some of these vulnerabilities to take control of an affected system.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you are not supported by ITYFS, VMware recommends users and administrators to review VMware Security Advisories listed above and apply the necessary updates.
- VMware Security Updates at http://www.vmware.com/security/advisories.html
- IT Security at http://it.ucsf.edu/security