Security Update:CERT Coordination Center (CERT/CC) has released information on vulnerabilities in WPA3 protocol
Date and Time
CERT Coordination Center (CERT/CC) has released information on vulnerabilities in WPA3 protocol.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancements and affected software refer to:
- WPA3 design issues and implementation vulnerabilities in hostapd and wpa_supplicant: Vulnerability Note VU#871675 at: https://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/871675/
- Please refer to the CERT/CC's Vulnerability Note listed above.
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Exploitation of this vulnerability may allow a remote attacker to take control of an affected system.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
- IT is assessing impact and remediation strategy for enterprise-managed systems.
- If you do not have IT support or they do not support your computer for updates refer to the CERT/CC's Vulnerability Note listed above.
- IT Security – http://it.ucsf.edu/security