Security Update:Google has released Chrome version 74.0.3729.108 for Windows, Mac, and Linux to address multiple vulnerabilities
Date and Time
Google has released Chrome version 74.0.3729.108 for Windows, Mac, and Linux to address multiple vulnerabilities.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to the following Stable Channel Update for Desktop: https://chromereleases.googleblog.com/2019/04/stable-channel-update-for-desktop_23.html
- Chrome for Windows, Mac, and Linux
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Exploitation of one these vulnerabilities could allow an attacker to take control of an affected system.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support, please go to your Chrome Browser:
- Click on the “Chrome” dropdown menu
- Click on “About Google Chrome”
- Check that you are on the right version (74.0.3729.108)
- If you are not, update your browser
- IT Security at http://it.ucsf.edu/security