Security Update:VMware has released a security updates to address MEDIUM vulnerabilities in multiple products
Date and Time
VMware has released a security updates to address MEDIUM vulnerabilities in multiple products.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to:
- (VMware Security Advisories) VMSA-2019-0007: VMware Workstation update addresses a DLL-hijacking issue (CVE-2019-5526): https://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2019-0007.html
- (VMware Security Advisories) VMSA-2019-0008: VMware product updates enable Hypervisor-Specific Mitigations, Hypervisor-Assisted Guest Mitigations, and Operating System-Specific Mitigations for Microarchitectural Data Sampling (MDS) Vulnerabilities (CVE-2018-12126, CVE-2018-12127, CVE-2018-12130, and CVE-2019-11091): https://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2019-0008.html
- VMware Workstation Pro / Player (Workstation)
- VMware vCenter Server (VC)
- VMware vSphere ESXi (ESXi)
- VMware Workstation Pro / Player (WS)
- VMware Fusion Pro / Fusion (Fusion)
- vCloud Usage Meter (UM)
- Identity Manager (vIDM)
- vCenter Server (vCSA)
- vSphere Data Protection (VDP)
- vSphere Integrated Containers (VIC)
- vRealize Automation (vRA)
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to take control of an affected system.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support, updates may be obtained through the VMware Security Advisory listed above.
- VMware Security Updates at http://www.vmware.com/security/advisories.html
- IT Security at http://it.ucsf.edu/security