Security Update:VMware has released security updates to address IMPORTANT vulnerabilities in ESXi
Date and Time
VMware has released security updates to address IMPORTANT vulnerabilities in ESXi.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to:
- (VMware Security Advisories) VMSA-2019-0011: ESXi patches address partial denial of service vulnerability in hostd process (CVE-2019-5528): https://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2019-0011.html
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause a denial-of-service condition.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support, updates may be obtained through the VMware Security Advisory listed above.
- VMware Security Updates at http://www.vmware.com/security/advisories.html
- IT Security at http://it.ucsf.edu/security