Security Update:VMware has released a security updates to address IMPORTANT vulnerabilities in multiple products
Date and Time
VMware has released a security updates to address IMPORTANTvulnerabilities in multiple products.
Advanced Users:For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to:
- (VMware Security Advisories) VMSA-2019-0012: VMware ESXi, Workstation and Fusion updates address out-of-bounds read/write vulnerabilities (CVE-2019-5521, CVE-2019-5684): https://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2019-0012.html
- VMware vSphere ESXi (ESXi)
- VMware Workstation Pro / Player (Workstation)
- VMware Fusion Pro / Fusion (Fusion)
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause a denial-of-service condition.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support, updates may be obtained through the VMware Security Advisory listed above.
- VMware Security Updates at http://www.vmware.com/security/advisories.html
- IT Security at http://it.ucsf.edu/security