Security Update:VMware has released a security updates to address IMPORTANT vulnerabilities in multiple products
Date and Time
VMware has released a security updates to address IMPORTANTvulnerabilities in multiple products.
Advanced Users:For a complete description of the security enhancement and affected software refer to:
- (VMware Security Advisories) VMSA-2019-0014.1: VMware ESXi, Workstation, Fusion, VMRC and Horizon Client updates address use-after-free and denial of service vulnerabilities. (CVE-2019-5527, CVE-2019-5535): https://www.vmware.com/security/advisories/VMSA-2019-0014.html
- VMware vSphere ESXi (ESXi)
- VMware Workstation Pro / Player (Workstation)
- VMware Fusion Pro / Fusion (Fusion)
- VMware Remote Console for Windows (VMRC for Windows)
- VMware Remote Console for Linux (VMRC for Linux)
- VMware Horizon Client for Windows
- VMware Horizon Client for Linux
- VMware Horizon Client for Mac
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to take control of an affected system.
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support, updates may be obtained through the VMware Security Advisory listed above.
- VMware Security Updates at http://www.vmware.com/security/advisories.html
- IT Security at http://it.ucsf.edu/security