Security Update:Microsoft released their October 2019 updates to address vulnerabilities in various Microsoft products
Date and Time
Microsoft released their October 2019 updates to address vulnerabilities in various Microsoft products.
Advanced Users: For a complete description of the security enhancements and affected software refer to October 2019 Security Updates at: https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en-us/security-guidance
- Microsoft Windows
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML-based)
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
- SQL Server Management Studio
- Open Source Software
- Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Windows Update Assistant
WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
Some of these vulnerabilities, if exploited, could allow an attacker to take control of an affected system
HOW DO I PROTECT MY COMPUTER?
Update your software
- If you are supported by ITFS or have different IT support, no action on your part is required.
- If you do not have IT support or they do not support your computer, refer to the Security update deployment information: October 8, 2019: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20191008/security-update-deployment-information-october-8-2019
IT Security – http://it.ucsf.edu/security