Everbridge is an Emergency Notification System used by the Medical Center Emergency Management Department and UCSF IT. Everbridge is used to send notifications to individuals or groups, using lists, locations, and visual intelligence. This system keeps everyone informed before, during and after events (ex. Major disaster, Employee strike, etc.).
Getting an Everbridge Account
If you are an employee of the Medical Center or UCSF IT, you will automatically have an account.
Adding Your Personal Contact Information
In the event of a disaster, like a hospital fire, it may be difficult to reach you via your work modalities (ex. Work phone, cell and email). To ensure we are able to contact you during an emergency, we would like to highly encourage you update or add your personal contact information in the Everbridge Member Portal and download the Everbridge Mobile app.
In the Everbridge Member Portal, you can:
- Add your personal cell phone, email, home and more
- Enable SMS text messaging
- Set your contact preference order (ex. Send SMS text messaging first, then call cell)
To Access the Everbridge Member Portal:
You must be an employee of the UCSF Medical Center or UCSF IT in order to login to the Member Portal.
1. Login to https://MyAccess.ucsf.edu
2. In the App Name column, click the Everbridge Member Portal
- In the My Profile section, click the Edit link to make changes to your contact information (ex. Add email, cell phone and contact order preferences)
- In the My Locations section, click the Edit link to add or edit your home or work location contact information
- In the My Information section, click the Edit link to verify your information is correct. If changes are needed, contact your HR representative. This information is automatically pulled from our Human Resources database.
- In the My Alert Subscription section, click the Edit link and subscribe to any notification groups.
To Access the Everbridge Mobile App, called ContactBridge:
1. Download ContactBridge from the Google Play or iTunes App Store
2. Enter the case-sensitive Key Phrase
3. Click the Enable Single Sign-On link (Contact the IT Service Desk and open a ticket if you do not have this, instructions below)
4. Login with your MyAccess account username and password
To Access Everbridge Manager Portal Login:
You must have an Everbridge Manager account in order to send notifications.
1. Login to https://MyAccess.ucsf.edu
2. In the App Name column, click the Everbridge Manager Portal
Everbridge Training Options:
Everbridge University: As an Everbridge Group Manager, you can learn about the best practices for sending notifications by taking Everbridge University free self-paced courses. To access the Everbridge University courses:
Login to MyAccess and select Everbridge Manager Portal (you must have an Everbridge Manager account)
- In the top left menu, click 'Help & Support' and 'Everbridge University'
- Click the Everbridge University link to access course material
Department Training: An IT trainer can be scheduled to conduct training for your department on how to send emergency notifications. Training sessions usually take 30 minutes. To schedule a department training session, please email Francine.Sneddon@ucsf.edu.
Monthly Training: An information webinar training session is provided every 2nd Monday from 1 to 2:30 pm. Participants can bring questions and/or request notification template assistance. To access the webinar information (you must have a MyAccess account), click this link: https://ucsf.box.com/s/e8wn6d791ixe9n2po722lwim6q79jaqp to open a document in Box (online document repository).
|Account Admin||Contract administrator. Account Administrators can access all functionality available at the Account level and Organization level.|
At the organization level, there are many roles. You can have access to multiple depending on your role.
Organization Admin- responsible for a Mass Notification organization. Can access all functionality available to the organization. They can add groups in their individual organizations.
|Group Manager||Can manage and send notifications to predefined sets of contacts. Can access the following tabs: Dashboard, Universe, Notifications, Contacts, and Reports. Group managers can perform actions within their own groups. A group manager cannot edit the organization settings.|
|Dispatcher||Users of this role can manage and send notification templates, manage scheduled notifications, and manage active notifications. Dispatchers can access functionality at the Organization level to the following Mass notification tabs: Dashboard, Universe and Notifications|
|Data Manager||Users of this role can only manage contact records (add, edit, and remove). Data managers can access functionality at the Organization level to the following mass notification tabs: Contacts and Reports.|
|Mass Notification Operator||Users of this role can send predefined notification templates and can manage active notifications. Mass Notification Operators can access functionality at the Organization level to the following mass notification tabs: Notifications.|
Everbridge is available to all Med Center and UCSF IT employees. The cost of Everbridge is covered by the Medical Center Emergency Management Department and UCSF IT.
Everbridge is available for use at all times except when there are scheduled maintenance events.
For help, questions, or support issues:
Submit a ticket at help.ucsf.edu, or
- Call the UCSF IT Service Desk at 415-514-4100
Everbridge is accessed online via the MyAccess Single Signon System:
- For Everbridge Admins, in MyAccess, select 'Everbridge Manager Portal'
- For regular users, in MyAccess, select 'Everbridge Member Portal'
|Document Name||Link (Must login via MyAccess Account)|
|Everbridge Permissions Grid||https://ucsf.box.com/s/5lixlbt34fynkxf3u6i33w666z7pr1op|
|Security Everbridge Notification Architecture||https://ucsf.app.box.com/files/0/f/5982624217/1/f_48629403953|
|Security Everbridge Notification Template Details||https://ucsf.box.com/s/jcktartpncipkl98kghrmk1740hda3w8|
|Med Center Everbridge Notification Template for Standby, Situation Status and All Clear||https://ucsf.box.com/s/8mvqej11q7gs636aklvup1ixz8zqrv8h|
|Everbridge Restore Settings (For Administrators only)||https://ucsf.box.com/EverbridgeSettings|
|Everbridge Backup Data (For Administrators only)||https://ucsf.box.com/EverbridgeBackup|
|Everbridge ManageBridge Mobile App (For Administrators and Group Managers only) - How to install and configure||https://ucsf.box.com/s/bhnxpbt8jav8czqkx4janlltvf1cm8fo|