vpn@UCSF provides web-based remote access, aka “virtual private network” (VPN). VPN allows users outside of the UCSF network access to restricted resources (e.g., connecting to file shares, servers, desktops) on the UCSF network as if they are physically located on the UCSF campus..
Faculty, staff, and students with an active MyAccess SF account. Affiliates can gain access through a departmental request.
- Web Proxy - Access web-based services from any supported web browser
- Network Connect - Connects your computer directly to the UCSF network allowing you full access to servers and applications.
- iOS VPN - Full network connection option for Apple iPads, iPhones, and iPod Touch devices through Junos Pulse.
Requirements for vpn@UCSF
- A Windows, Mac OS X, or Apple device running iOS
- An active MyAccess "SF######"
The vpn@UCSF service provides a fully encrypted connection between the client device (laptop, PDA, tablet, etc.) and the UCSF network providing access identical to systems connected with a cable in a UCSF facility.