- Cisco Jabber™ UC is UCSF’s new premier unified communications application for Windows, Mac and mobile clients.
- Cisco Jabber UC provides presence information, instant messaging, persistent chat room, and softphone capabilities (make and receive audio calls or video calls) from a single user interface.
- Through the Jabber application, you can easily locate your contacts within the enterprise, see their status and view each other's status in real-time.
- Cisco Jabber UC is available to all faculty, staff, students, and affiliates with active UCSF email accounts.
How to request a UC Jabber account
- Download and install the appropriate Cisco Jabber UC client for Windows or Mac operating systems from the UCSF Software download site.
- To get IT help, contact the IT Service Desk online or by phone at 415-514-4100.
UCSF's current Cisco Jabber UC implementation supports the following features:
Instant messaging and persistent chat
- Chat securely with one-to-one or group instant messaging.
- Create persistent chat rooms and invite people to them from throughout the enterprise.
- Add Cisco Jabber UC contacts directly from the UCSF Directory.
Audio and video calling
- Make and receive audio calls to users within and outside the enterprise.
- Make and receive video calls to users or video endpoints (conference rooms or carts) within the enterprise.
- Join multiparty video conferences via an on-premise video conference bridge.
- In real-time, you can:
- View your contacts' availability status (e.g., Available, Away).
- Display your own availability.