This content is viewable by Everyone
Digital Accessibility Awareness and Outreach
How to Request Access
Please contact [email protected] for inquiries about this service.
In support of digital accessibility, we create awareness with this website and outreach. More details at our Training and Events pages. A wealth of digital accessibility resources on our Testing page.
Learn more about Digital Accessibility efforts at UCSF by viewing the Accessibility is Me video series.
Presentations, training and special events help create awareness. We want to build a community of practice around digital accessibility.
Every May we take part in annual Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD). This event gets everyone talking, thinking and learning about digital access, inclusion, and people with disabilities.
Monthly Digital Accessibility Office Hours is a work session with a participant-driven agenda.
- Making a COVID-19 Site Accessible - From Tweet to Action, April 2021 A11y Talk
- Does This PDF Bring Me Joy? (4-part series)
- A Blind User’s Experience with Email, 2019 Sharecase presentation
- Recipes for Digital Accessibility and Inclusion Success, 2019 UC Tech presentation (50 min)
- Tour of the Siteimprove Academy, 2021 GAAD presentation (10 minutes)
- PowerPoint Best Practices for Accessibility
We collaborate across the University and the UC system with the following to improve our programs and support:
- UCSF Digital Accessibility Advisory Committee,
- University of California Office of the President,
- University of California Electronic Accessibility Committee (EAC)
Join in the conversation on the UC Tech Slack channels #accessibility and #siteimprove, plus the UCSF Teams Channels for Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility and UCSF Communicators Network.