Catalyst is a Business Continuity Planning Software primarily used by UCSF IT to support the IT Service Continuity Management Process. The Catalyst system enables users to create Business Impact Analysis (BIA) Reports, Business Continuity Plans, Technical Recovery Plans via pre-built templates based upon industry best practices.
Getting a Catalyst Account
Contact IT Service Desk to get an account.
Logging in to Catalyst for the First Time
- Go to https://myaccess.ucsf.edu
- Login with your MyAccess Username and Password.
- Click the Manage Favorites button.
- Type ‘Catalyst’ in the Filter Applications box.
- Click the Star next to Catalyst. Star will change to Yellow color.
- Click the Save Favorites button
- Click the Catalyst link. You will be redirected to the Catalyst application
Making Changes to Business Impact Analysis
- Login to Catalyst by clicking the following URL: https://ucsf.bccatalyst.com
- Once you log on, you will navigate to the homepage where any documents assigned to you will be visible.
- Click on the appropriate Business Impact Analysis (BIA) title to access the summary report.
Within the summary report, you can click on any blue title to make updates, or revisions.
The summary report is broken down into several sections:Overview: provides a brief summary of the application/service(s) being analyzed
- Function: describes the business functions supported by the application(s) being analyzed
- Recovery Time Objective or RTO denotes the time following a disruptive incident in which an activity must be resumed or application recovered. If you need to update/change an RTO, or have major revisions to our conclusions, please provide a brief email to Francine Sneddon ([email protected]) in order to provide awareness of modification. We take into account available manual workarounds, business requirements, and impacts of downtime when assigning RTOs. If you need to update/change an RTO, or have major revisions to our conclusions, please provide a brief email to Francine Sneddon ([email protected]) in order to provide awareness of modification.
- Applications: detailed analysis of the application/service(s) being analyzed.
- Interdependencies: documents other internal departments or teams required to perform the business function(s) in the summary report.
- Recovery requirements: captures the IT personnel who support, deliver, and maintain the application/service(s) being analyzed
Catalyst is available to all UCSF IT employees and designated department staff. The cost of Catalyst is covered by UCSF IT.
Catalyst is available for use at all times except when there are scheduled maintenance events.
For help, questions, or support issues:
Submit a ticket at help.ucsf.edu, or
Call the UCSF IT Service Desk at 415-514-4100
Catalyst is accessed online via: