Everbridge is an Emergency Notification System used by the Medical Center Emergency Management Department and UCSF IT. Everbridge is used to send notifications to individuals or groups, using lists, locations, and visual intelligence. This system keeps everyone informed before, during and after events (ex. Major disaster, Employee strike, etc.).
Getting an Everbridge Account
If you are an employee of the Medical Center or UCSF IT, you will automatically have an account.
Adding Your Personal Contact Information
In the event of a disaster, like a hospital fire, it may be difficult to reach you via your work modalities (ex. Work phone, cell and email). To ensure we are able to contact you during an emergency, we would like to highly encourage you update or add your personal contact information in the Everbridge Member Portal and download the Everbridge Mobile app.
In the Everbridge Member Portal, you can:
- Add your personal cell phone, email, home and more
- Enable SMS text messaging
- Set your contact preference order (ex. Send SMS text messaging first, then call cell)
To Access the Everbridge Member Portal:
You must be an employee of the UCSF Medical Center or UCSF IT in order to login to the Member Portal.
1. Login to https://MyAccess.ucsf.edu
2. In the App Name column, click the Everbridge Member Portal
- In the My Profile section, click the Edit link to make changes to your contact information (ex. Add email, cell phone and contact order preferences)
- In the My Locations section, click the Edit link to add or edit your home or work location contact information
- In the My Information section, click the Edit link to verify your information is correct. If changes are needed, contact your HR representative. This information is automatically pulled from our Human Resources database.
- In the My Alert Subscription section, click the Edit link and subscribe to any notification groups.
To Install ContactBridge Mobile App:
For more information regarding the ContactBridge app, please visit the Everbridge website at: https://www.everbridge.com/everbridge-mobile-app/. This app can be used by all Everbridge users.
1. Download ContactBridge from the Google Play or iTunes App Store
2. Open ContactBridge on your mobile device
3. Click the "Enable Single Sign-On' link
4. Type the case-sensitive key phrase [email protected]
5. Enter your MyAccess Single Sign-On Username and Password
6. Click the Login Button
To Access Everbridge Manager Portal and Save to Favorites:
You must have an Everbridge Manager account in order to send notifications.
1. Login to https://MyAccess.ucsf.edu
2. Click the 'Manage Favorites' button
3. In the Search box, type 'Everbridge'
4. Click the star next to 'Everbridge Manager Portal'
5. Click the 'Save Favorites' button
6. Click the Everbridge Manager Portal link
To Install ManageBridge Mobile App:
For more information regarding the ManageBridge app, please visit the Everbridge website at: https://www.everbridge.com/managebridge/. This app can only be used by Everbridge users that have a special role designated for sending emergency notifications.
1. Download ManageBridge from the Google Play or iTunes App Store
2. Enter the Key Phrase [email protected]
3. Click the Enable Single Sign-On link
4. Login with your MyAccess account username and password
Everbridge Training Options:
Everbridge University: As an Everbridge Group Manager, you can learn about the best practices for sending notifications by taking Everbridge University free self-paced courses. To access the Everbridge University courses:
Login to MyAccess and select Everbridge Manager Portal (you must have an Everbridge Manager account)
- In the top left menu, click 'Help & Support' and 'Everbridge University'
- Click the Everbridge University link to access course material
Department Training: An IT trainer can be scheduled to conduct training for your department on how to send emergency notifications. Training sessions usually take 30 minutes. To schedule a department training session, please email [email protected].
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q: How do I update my work contact information?
A: Everbridge has a daily feed of work contact information from the UCSF Human Resources database.
To update your work contact information:
1. Go to https://directory.ucsf.edu
2. Type your name in the Search field and click the People Search button
3. Navigate to your record
4. Click the Edit My Record button
5. Make changes and click the Save Changes button
6. Your changes will be automatically sent to Everbridge and will be automatically updated during the next business day.
Q: How do I update my personal contact information?
A: You can make changes to your personal contact information by accessing the Everbridge Member Portal. For instructions, click here:
Q: What do I do if MyAccess SSO is down and I need to send a notification out?
A: Login with your AD username and password at https://manager.everbridge.net. If you don't know your AD username and password, you can call the Everbridge Operator (24 hours/7 days a week) at 866-436-4911 and request they send a notification on your behalf.
|Account Admin||Contract administrator. Account Administrators can access all functionality available at the Account level and Organization level.|
At the organization level, there are many roles. You can have access to multiple depending on your role.
Organization Admin- responsible for a Mass Notification organization. Can access all functionality available to the organization. They can add groups in their individual organizations.
|Group Manager||Can manage and send notifications to predefined sets of contacts. Can access the following tabs: Dashboard, Universe, Notifications, Contacts, and Reports. Group managers can perform actions within their own groups. A group manager cannot edit the organization settings.|
|Dispatcher||Users of this role can manage and send notification templates, manage scheduled notifications, and manage active notifications. Dispatchers can access functionality at the Organization level to the following Mass notification tabs: Dashboard, Universe and Notifications|
|Data Manager||Users of this role can only manage contact records (add, edit, and remove). Data managers can access functionality at the Organization level to the following mass notification tabs: Contacts and Reports.|
|Mass Notification Operator||Users of this role can send predefined notification templates and can manage active notifications. Mass Notification Operators can access functionality at the Organization level to the following mass notification tabs: Notifications.|
Everbridge is available to all Med Center and UCSF IT employees. The cost of Everbridge is covered by the Medical Center Emergency Management Department and UCSF IT.
Everbridge is available for use at all times except when there are scheduled maintenance events.
For help, questions, or support issues:
Submit a ticket at help.ucsf.edu, or
- Call the UCSF IT Service Desk at 415-514-4100
Everbridge is accessed online via the MyAccess Single Signon System:
- For Everbridge Admins, in MyAccess, select 'Everbridge Manager Portal'
- For regular users, in MyAccess, select 'Everbridge Member Portal'
|Document Name||Link (Must login via MyAccess Account)|
|Everbridge Permissions Grid||https://ucsf.app.box.com/s/5lixlbt34fynkxf3u6i33w666z7pr1op|
|Security Everbridge Notification Architecture||https://ucsf.app.box.com/files/0/f/5982624217/1/f_48629403953|
|Security Everbridge Notification Template Details||https://ucsf.app.box.com/s/jcktartpncipkl98kghrmk1740hda3w8|
|Med Center Everbridge Notification Template for Standby, Situation Status and All Clear||https://ucsf.app.box.com/s/8mvqej11q7gs636aklvup1ixz8zqrv8h|
|Everbridge Restore Settings (For Administrators only)||https://ucsf.app.box.com/EverbridgeSettings|
|Everbridge Backup Data (For Administrators only)||https://ucsf.app.box.com/EverbridgeBackup|
|Everbridge ManageBridge Mobile App (For Administrators and Group Managers only) - How to install and configure||https://ucsf.app.box.com/v/EverbridgeManager|