This content is viewable by Everyone
Name, state, and role of controls and features
The Accessible Rich Internet Application standard, WAI-ARIA 1.0 or ARIA, provides a mechanism to make content more accessible to users with disabilities. ARIA is just to fill in the gaps where accessible information is not provided natively by HTML elements like a<div> or<span>. Use ARIA only after all other means have been used to correct an issue otherwise ARIA might give conflicting direction.
Trigger events, device-dependent event handlers
- Use the tab index attribute to add and remove elements from the tab order as needed.
- Accessibility in Modern Interfaces
- An Introduction to WAI-ARIA
- An Introduction to WAI-ARIA Roles, States, And Properties
- Avoiding Redundancy with WAI-ARIA in HTML Pages
- Client-side Scripting Techniques for WCAG 2.0