This content is viewable by Everyone
BeyondTrust Privileged Remote Access
How to Request Access
To learn more about how the features of BeyondTrust PRA compare to legacy remote access tools, visit our BeyondTrust Vendor Comparison Matrix.
BeyondTrust Privileged Remote Access allows users to remotely connect into their system, which has been approved for UCSF. Users will be able to use a Web Access Console or Full Access Console (Windows, Mac and Linux*) to remotely access their Windows, Mac and Linux* systems. BeyondTrust Privileged Remote Access has additional security controls in place compared to other protects such a PCAnywhere, RemotePC, Teamviewer, Google Remote Desktop, etc. Learn more about Remote Access Controls as they relate to the IS-3 Project.
- Privileged Access Control - Enforce least privilege by giving users the right level of remote access to do their jobs, but nothing more.
- Advanced Session Monitoring - Control and monitor sessions using standard protocols for RDP, VNC, HTTP/S, and SSH connections.
- Attack Surface Reduction - Reduce attacks by consolidating the tracking, approval, and auditing of privileged accounts in one place and by creating a single access pathway.
- Audit & Compliance Features - Create audit trails, session forensics, and other reporting features by capturing detailed session data in real-time or post-session. Then, gain access to attestation reports to prove compliance.
- Remote Access to their workstation from anywhere without VPN.
- Allow vendors to perform remote support/maintenance on vendor supported systems with an UCSF employee who will initiate and shadow/monitor the remote session.
- UCSF technical staff will be able to remotely administer a server.
- Operating a piece of equipment attached to one computer (e.g. scientific equipment) without needing to be there.
BeyondTrust PRA doesn’t support a virtual remote session such as Citrix, X2GO, XRDP, MS Remote Desktop Session Host (Terminal Sessions), etc.. PRA remotes into the system as Session #0.
For questions and support, please submit a ticket on our Employee Self-Service Portal (https://ucsf.service-now.com/ucsfit).