This content is viewable by Everyone
All systems are operational and running. If you are experiencing issues, please log in and request support.
How to Request Access
Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap) is a secure and HIPAA-compliant web-based system for building and managing web-based research projects, such as surveys and databases. The REDCap system provides functionality and features to enable researchers to rapidly develop databases and online surveys. These databases, data entry forms and surveys are intuitive, easy-to-use tools for collecting data, including data validation.
The REDCap service at UCSF provides access to compliant electronic data capture platforms across three product tiers to meet the community's diverse research needs.
- REDCap: Free self-service data platform with user-created custom databases, data capture, surveys, and robust integrations. Approved for electronic consent, but not Part 11 compliant.
- REDCap Premium: Managed platform with additional access control and costs. Electronic consent Part 11 compliant; full platform validation planned.
- REDCap Cloud: Fully Part 11 compliant third-party EDC platform. More costly and projects may require professional services to launch.
Not sure which one is right for you? See which REDCap offering is right for your project.
- Data Export Utility - All three tiers allow researchers to export their data in an automated manner into formats that are compatible with commonly used statistical analysis packages, such as SAS, SPSS, Stata and R.
- Advanced features - Advanced features include branching logic for dynamic data-entry-form generation, file uploading, data importing and embedded calculated database fields.
- Fully Customizable - You are in total control of shaping your database or survey.
- Fast and Flexible - Conception to production-level database or survey in less than one day.
The preferred method to request technical support for the UCSF REDCap system can be requested directly from any of your projects using the blue "Contact REDCap administrator" link on the bottom left of every page in your project:
This will open an interactive help system which will create a service ticket for your issue containing project metadata that will help our team better respond to your question. In almost all cases, if you submit a question or request via email, you will be redirected to this system. Our team will endeavor to help you as much possible; direct architecture or builds for projects is handled under our consulting service - please can refer to our overview of those services here.
The REDCap team does not provide support for the following common research study data capture tasks:
- Data management
- Contractor or staff oversight
- Study data management labor estimation and planning
- Data manipulation or transformations - for support planning this, please contact CTSI
- Development or operation of custom API integrations - for this, you will need your own data scientist, or contact the Integration Services team
- Tableau dashboard configuration - please reach out to the UCSF IT Tableau team at [email protected] or visit the self service analytics page
- Integration of third-party external modules that have not been cleared by the Vanderbilt REDCap consortium