Duo Manual Enrollment
Use these instructions if your AD username has been enrolled in Duo, but you don't have the email with the subject Duo Security Enrollment from [email protected]. Please refer to our Duo Two-Factor Authentication service page for more information, and for instructions on installing and using the Duo Mobile app. If you have any trouble with this process please contact the IT Service Desk for assistance.
- Go to https://myaccess.ucsf.edu/myid, and login with your UCSF username (i.e., the account you use to log into your computer, email, or access the UCSF network) and password.
- If you have multiple AD usernames, click on the tab with the AD username you just logged in with.
- At the bottom of the page look to see if your account is Enrolled in Duo
- If it says Yes, you can proceed to the next step.
- If it says No, then follow the instructions to request a Duo account.
- Go to the login page of any application that uses Duo (e.g., remote.ucsf.edu, email.ucsf.edu, connect.ucsfmedicalcenter.org) and login with your UCSF username (i.e., the account you use to log into your computer, email, or access the UCSF network) and password. In this example we will enroll via https://remote.ucsf.edu.
- If your account is enrolled in Duo, you will see a screen asking you to setup your Duo account.
- Select the type of device you will use to verify your Duo account. A mobile phone is recommended, since you are likely to have it with you at all times.
- Enter your phone number.
- Confirm that your phone number is correct by checking the box next to it, then click Continue.
- Select Call me or Text me to verify that the number you entered belongs to you. In this example we will click Text me.
- After clicking Text me you will receive a text message at the number you entered, with a 6-digit verification code. Enter the code and click Verify.
- If the code matches, you will see a green check mark next to Verify. Click Continue.
- You have added your phone! Click Continue to Login.
- You have successfully enrolled in Duo! You can now use Duo for logging into all Duo-enabled applications. You can also find more information on the Duo Login Experience. Also, we strongly recommend installing the Duo Mobile app on your smartphone. Please see our instructions for downloading and installing the app.