This content is viewable by Everyone
RAE - Application Feed Installation Instructions
Application Feed Install - Windows and Mac Instructions
The RAE Application Feed is your way of accessing the free analytical applications to everyone who has a RAE account. If you have not requested a RAE site, you can request one here. The instructions are different depending on if you're on a PC or a MAC.
1. Click the Start or Search Icon
2. Search for the "RemoteApp and Desktop Connections"
3. On the lefthand side, click on "Access RemoteApp and desktops"
4. Enter the connection URL: https://arsportal.ucsf.edu/rdweb/feed/webfeed.aspx and press the next button
5. On the Ready to set up the connection screen, click the Next button
6. Enter your credentials into the Windows Security field
Be sure to use your appropriate domain (Campus, SOM, or UCSFMC) and add a backslash after the domain and in front of your username.
Do NOT click on the remember me box
7. When a new connection screen displays, click the Finish button
You have now added a folder to your Windows 10/11 Start Menu from which you can launch all of your MyResearch applications.
8. To locate your new folder, click on the Start icon, then scroll down to the RAE folder (Windows 11 users click on "All Apps" then scroll down)
9. Click on the application(s) you would like to launch.
1. Access the App store.
2. Enter “Microsoft Remote Desktop” into the search field.
3. Click on the “Get” button next to Microsoft Remote Desktop.
5. Open up the newly installed Microsoft Remote Desktop application.
6. Click on the "Workspaces" tab at the top and click on "Add Workspace".
7. Type (or Copy and Paste) https://arsportal.ucsf.edu/rdweb/feed/webfeed.aspx in the URL or Email Address: field. Double check there are no spaces at the beginning or end or it will not work.
It should then look something like this:
8. Click "Add" in the bottom right hand corner.
9. A pop-up will then require your username and password. Make sure to add the appropriate domain (Campus, SOM, SDE, UCSFMC) in front of the username with a backslash. Your “Welcome to RAE” email will have your domain+username.
In the example the domain is Campus, so it is “campus\jdoe”
10. It will load for a few moments, then you should see all of the different analytical applications populate.