This content is viewable by Everyone
Account Login & Password
- Service URL:
How to Request Access
UCSF implemented an automated process to create Active Directory (AD) email-enabled accounts for new [Campus] staff on their first day of employment.
The UCSF Office of the Registrar creates AD accounts for incoming students.
Medical Center employees and affiliates need to continue using the existing Account Request form to receive new AD accounts.
Active Directory (AD) is a Microsoft-based technology that provides a variety of network services, including:
- Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
- Kerberos-based authentication
- DNS-based naming
- A central location for network administration and delegation of authority
Using Active Directory
Your UCSF AD account provides access to many systems:
- MyAccess single-sign-on credentials
- Computer login
- UCSF email account login
- UCSF wireless network
- Networked drives
There is no direct charge for an AD account.
Access to Active Directory (AD) accounts is available 24/7/365 outside of routine maintenance windows.
Managing your password
Registering your account with our password management tool allows you to:
- Easily change your password
- Unlock your account
- Reset your password, in the event that you've forgotten it, using security questions that you define
- Register your mobile device so you can change your password or unlock your account when you're away from your computer
- Register your account by logging into https://password.ucsf.edu and following the prompts to create your security questions and answers.
Contact the IT Service Desk 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year:
- Submit a ticket: https://ucsf.service-now.com/ess/.
- Call: 415-514-4100.