Your access, your way
Powered by Microsoft’s Exchange platform, your UCSF email account provides a robust collaboration and communication service. There are three primary ways to stay connected to your mailbox:
- Our full-featured email web client, Outlook Web App (OWA)
- Sync to your smartphone or tablet
- The "classic" desktop client, the tried and true, for when no other method will suffice
- Standard mailbox is 100GB
- Maximum attachment size is 25MB
Access to the UCSF email service is provided to UCSF faculty and staff as part of the network recharge.
The UCSF email system is available 24/7/365.
For help with password resets, you can ask questions at mail@UCSF. For help with support issues, contact the UCSF IT Service Desk:
- Phone: 415-514-4100
- Web: https://ucsf.service-now.com/ess
- Email: ITServiceDesk@ucsf.edu
- IT Health Desks are located on the Mission Bay and Parnassus campuses from Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to provide walk-up support. The locations are listed below:
- Mission Bay: Lobby of Mission Hall, 550 16th St.
- Parnassus: Moffitt Cafe, 505 Parnassus Ave., 2nd Floor
Standards and policy information
Use the following links to find the information you need.
Understanding Email Accounts
University of California Electronic Communications Policy (ECP)