See our Office 365 service page for information on registering your device. Using your mobile device with Office 365 requires a mobile app management license:
- If you setup your device to use UCSF Teams or have been syncing your email to it, then you already have a license.
- If this is the first time syncing email to your device, request an Office365 Intune License at help.ucsf.edu.
Note: In addition to the Outlook mobile app, you will need to download MS Authenticator.
1. Go to the App Store to download the Microsoft Authenticator and Microsoft Outlook mobile apps.
2. From the Home screen, open Outlook.
3. Enter your UCSF email address.
4. Click the "Add Account" button.
5. If you are not logged into Office 365, the Authenticator app will open.
6. Click the "Open Authenticator" button.
7. MS Authenticator adds your UCSF account settings to Outlook mobile.
8. Click the "Maybe Later" button.
9. Outlook mobile has been configured to connect to your UCSF mailbox. You can now see your email, calendar, and contacts in Outlook.
10. Important: The following steps sync your UCSF contacts to your device contacts app. You need to do this to use your UCSF contacts with your phone.
11. From the Inbox screen, click the "Home" icon in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
12. This opens the app navigation screen.
13. Click the "Settings" icon (the gear icon) in the bottom left-hand corner.
14. Go to "Save Contacts" and slide the button to the right to enable this function.
15. Click on the the left pointing arrow in the upper left-hand corner of the screen to get back to the navigation screen.
16. Close the navigation screen and start using Outlook mobile.