Dell Data Protection | Encryption (DDPE) Enterprise Edition is a comprehensive encryption solution for UCSF. It is available to all UCSF faculty, staff and students.
DDPE Frequently Asked Questions
- Windows 10 or macOS High Sierra 10.13 thru Catalina 10.15.7
- DDPE is not available for macOS Big Sur 11
- Windows 10 Enterprise is currently the only version of Windows supported by IT Field Services on UCSF-owned computers.
- DDPE will run on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 "Home" and Pro. However, these versions of Windows are not supported by ITFS and are not recommended for UCSF-owned computers.
- Intel Core i3, i5, or i7 processor; or AMD Ryzen, A series, FX, Opteron, or Phenom II processor
- 4GB RAM or more
- More than 20% free hard drive space
Along with DDPE, IBM Endpoint Manager will also be installed. IBM Endpoint Manager (BigFix) allows for centralized management of all computers at UCSF and provides accurate reporting.
BigFix collects only information about your computer (e.g., OS, CPU, RAM, hard drive space, user name, applications, make and model). It has no access to personal information ( e.g., passwords, user data, browsing history).
FAQs: IBM Endpoint Manager (BigFix) Frequently Asked Questions
Install DDPE here: http://software.ucsf.edu/