This content is viewable by Everyone
Dell Data Protection Encryption (DDPE)
How to Request Access
Included in desktop image.
Dell Data Protection | Encryption (DDPE) Enterprise Edition is a comprehensive encryption solution for UCSF. It is available to all UCSF faculty, staff and students.
- Windows 10
- DDPE is no longer distributed to Macs as of 11/15/2021 as it is discontinued by Dell on Macs since February 2021.
- Windows 10 Enterprise is currently the only version of Windows supported by IT Field Services on UCSF-owned computers.
- DDPE will run on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 "Home" and Pro. However, these versions of Windows are not supported by ITFS and are not recommended for UCSF-owned computers.
- Intel Core i3, i5, or i7 processor; or AMD Ryzen, A series, FX, Opteron, or Phenom II processor
- 4GB RAM or more
- More than 20% free hard drive space
BigFix collects only information about your computer (e.g., OS, CPU, RAM, hard drive space, user name, applications, make and model). It has no access to personal information ( e.g., passwords, user data, browsing history).
Install DDPE here: http://software.ucsf.edu/