Everbridge is an Emergency Notification System used by the Medical Center Emergency Management Department, Campus Police Department and UCSF IT, including BCH Oakland.
- If you are an employee of UCSF (including BCH Oakland), you automatically have an account.
- Everbridge is used to send notifications to individuals or groups using lists, locations and visual intelligence.
- This system keeps everyone informed before, during and after events (e.g., major disaster, employee strike).
In the Everbridge Member Portal, you can:
- Add your personal contact information: cell phone, email, home and more.
- Enable SMS text messaging.
- Set the order for your contact preferences (e.g., send SMS text messaging first, then call cell).
In the event of a disaster, such as a hospital fire, it may be difficult to reach you via your work modalities (e.g., work phone, cell, email).
- To ensure we are able to contact you during an emergency, we strongly encourage you to:
- Add or update your personal contact information in the Everbridge Member Portal.
- Download the Everbridge Mobile app.
You must be an employee of UCSF (including BCH Oakland) in order to log in to the Member Portal.
1. Login to https://MyAccess.ucsf.edu.
2. In the App Name column, click the Everbridge Member Portal.
- In the My Profile section, click the Edit link to make changes to your contact information (e.g., add email, cell phone number and/or contact order preferences)
- In the My Locations section, click the Edit link to add or edit your home or work-location contact information.
- In the My Information section, click the Edit link to verify your information is correct.
- If changes are needed, contact your HR representative.
- This information is automatically pulled from our Human Resources database.
Installing the Everbridge mobile app
This app can be used by all Everbridge users.
1. Download Everbridge from the Google Play or iTunes app store.
2. Open Everbridge on your mobile device.
3. Click Find an organization or subscription.
4. Type case-sensitive keyword UCSF@lerts1 and select UCSF@lerts1.
5. Enter your MyAccess Single Sign-On Username and Password.
6. Review settings, then click Done.
Installing the ManageBridge mobile app
This app can be used only by Everbridge users who have special roles designated for sending emergency notifications.
1. Download ManageBridge from the Google Play or iTunes app store.
2. Click the Enable Single Sign-On link.
3. Enter the key phrase UCSF@lerts1.
4. Log in with your MyAccess account username and password.
For more information regarding the ManageBridge app, please visit the Everbridge website at https://www.everbridge.com/managebridge/.
To sign up for Nixle notifications
- 1. From your mobile phone, text UCSF 333111.
Everbridge training options
Everbridge Tip Sheets and Videos:
Everbridge University: As an Everbridge Group Manager, you can learn about best practices for sending notifications by taking Everbridge University free, self-paced courses.
- To access the Everbridge University courses:
- You must have an Everbridge Manager account.
- Log in to MyAccess and select Everbridge Manager Portal.
- In the top left menu, click Help & Support and Everbridge University.
- Click the Everbridge University link to access course material.
Department Training: A trainer can be scheduled to conduct training for your department on how to send emergency notifications.
- Training sessions usually take 30 minutes.
- To schedule a department training session, please email Everbridge@ucsf.edu.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
How do I update my work contact information?
- Everbridge has a daily feed of work contact information from the UCSF Human Resources database.
- To update your work contact information:
- Go to https://directory.ucsf.edu.
- Click the Edit My Record button.
- Make changes, then and click the Save Changes button.
- Your changes will be automatically sent to Everbridge and will be automatically updated during the next business day.
How do I update my personal contact information?
How do I know if an Everbridge notification is legitimate?
- Ways to verify the legitimacy of Everbridge notifications:
- Utilize the Everbridge email group to determine how to contact the administrator for your functional area (Everbridge@ucsf.edu).
- Call the IT Service Desk at 415-514-4100 or email <ITServiceDesk@ucsf.edu> for assistance.
- Contract administrator.
- Account Administrators can access all functionality available at the Account level and Organization level.
- At the Organization level, there are many roles.
- You may have access to more than one.
- Organization Admins are responsible for Mass Notification organization.
- Can access all functionality available to the organization.
- Can add groups in their individual organizations.
- Can manage and send notifications to predefined sets of contacts.
- Can access the following tabs: Dashboard, Universe, Notifications, Contacts and Reports.
- Group managers can perform actions within their own groups.
- A group manager cannot edit the organization settings.
- Can manage and send notification templates, manage scheduled notifications and manage active notifications.
- Can access functionality at the Organization level to the following Mass Notification tabs: Dashboard, Universe and Notifications.
- Can only manage contact records (add, edit and remove).
- Can access functionality at the Organization level to the following Mass Notification tabs: Contacts and Reports.
|Mass Notification Operator
- Can send predefined notification templates and can manage active notifications.
- Can access functionality at the Organization level to the following Mass Notification tab: Notifications.
- Can send predefined incident notification templates to designated groups.
- Can manage and send notifications to predefined sets of contacts
- Everbridge is available to all UCSF departments, including BCH Oakland, at no cost.
- The cost of Everbridge is covered by the Campus Police Department, Medical Center Emergency Management Department and UCSF IT and BCH Oakland.
Everbridge is available for use at all times except when there are scheduled maintenance events.
- For help with questions or support issues, you can:
- Submit a ticket at help.ucsf.edu.
- Call the UCSF IT Service Desk at 415-514-4100.
Everbridge is accessed online via the MyAccess Single Sign-on System:
- Everbridge Admins: In MyAccess, select Everbridge Manager Portal.
- Regular users: In MyAccess, select Everbridge Member Portal.
Day to Day Support
For Day to Day Support, email Everbridge@ucsf.edu .