This content is viewable by Everyone
GitHub Enterprise Server (On-Premises)
How to Request Access
To Request Access:
Submit a GitHub Account Request Form (MyAccess Account Required)
- You will receive a welcome email with access instructions
- If you have any questions contact us at [email protected]
To Access git.ucsf.edu:
- Login to VPN
- Navigate to https://git.ucsf.edu
- To be added to an existing UCSF GitHub organization (org), please contact your local GitHub org owner.
When people say "GitHub" they are often talking about the free public world-readable site at www.github.com. That's NOT what we're talking about here. Instead, UCSF has licensed its own secure internal version of GitHub Enterprise, and it lives at git.ucsf.edu.
UCSF GitHub on-premises includes most of the same source control and internal collaboration features as regular GitHub - but it includes extra privacy and security measures, to make sure internal and/or patient data is not accidentally leaked. UCSF IT Services (ITS) is offering free accounts to UCSF GitHub for all UCSF employees or affiliates.
- Sign up for our internal Slack channel #ucsf-github on UC Tech (uctech.slack.com). This channel provides support to UCSF GitHub Enterprise users
- You can also get support by directly emailing [email protected]
- Day-to-day Contact: Alina Goncharova
- Service Manager: John Kealy