What you need to know
What is SmartSheet?
- SmartSheet is a UCSF-supported, cloud-based collaborative project and task management tool that is accessible via MyAccess.
- No restricted data (e.g., PCI, PHI, PII, FERPA) should be permanently stored in a Smartsheet.
Do I need a license? If so, how much does it cost, and how do I get one?
- You need a license to create and own sheets.
- If you do not have a license, you can still view and edit sheets that a licensed user has shared with you.
- Licenses are re-charged per user.
- You cannot get a discount for a group or department.
- The annual cost is currently $215 per year per user.
- License cost is $215/yr prorated by quarter.
- 7/1 - 9/30 = $161.25
- 10/1 - 12/31 = $107.50
- 1/1 - 3/31 = $53.75
- 4/1 - 6/30 = $0 then $215 on 7/1 (essentially $215 for 15 months)
- Sign up by filling out the SmartSheet Request Form.
How do I learn about the features that will help me get my work done more efficiently?
What is a SmartSheet Dashboard/Portal, and how can I get one?
- SmartSheet Dashboard/Portal is a dashboard, or hub, for all your SmartSheet content.
- It can help you visualize, summarize and share important aspects of your work, such as project status or other milestones.
- Dashboards are now included in regular SmartSheet licenses.
Where do I go for support?