This content is viewable by Everyone
How to Request Access
Get Started with UCSF Web Hosting
Please request sites using the Website Request Form
If you sign up for a Site Builder template, your website will be hosted by UCSF, free of charge.
Custom sites hosted on Pantheon are re-charged to the site owner based on traffic. Small sites are charged on a pro-rated annual basis with the cost being $30/Month.
UCSF provides Drupal web hosting services to ensure a secure environment for our websites.
Since launching the service in 2011, it has grown to host nearly 1,500 Drupal websites. UCSF provides high-quality security services, using encrypted hardware accessible only via VPN from UCSF and a hacking-attempt detection system to block thousands of suspicious web sessions each month.
What does Web Hosting cost?
Beginning July 1, 2017, custom websites are charged $50/month for hosting. Custom websites include:
- Any website built without UCSF templates
- As of July 1, 2018, all Starter Kit 2.0 websites also will be considered custom websites, as part of the effort to phase out UCSF's older
Sites Using the UCSF site builder package are not charged
Basic hosting services
- Server patching
- Monitoring and managing overall infrastructure to verify resource availability and capacity
- Drupal patching
- Standard modules patching
- Monitoring of sites
- Running nightly database backup
- Managing version control
- Managing regular code deployments
- Keeping SAML (MyAccess) infrastructure available
UCSF-specific hosting enhancements
Web firewall (WAF)
UCSF has a Web Application Firewall that blocks scripted attacks on our sites. We typically block 44,000+ attack attempts a month. The WAF also allows us to prevent Denial of Service attacks on our hosted websites.
UCSF's hardware is encrypted to prevent an intruder from accessing private files on our sites.
Private cloud hosting
While UCSF hosts on the cloud, we have a private portion of the Amazon Cloud hosting for our sites. This also limits access to private sites and files.
If shared multisite hosting does not meet your needs, IT can work with its hosting vendor to a custom solution. You will still be able to use UCSF's hosting services and enhancements.
- Day-to-day Contact: Vanessa Palacios
- Service Manager: John Kealy