IT Account Request Forms
Authentication and access to many UCSF IT systems is governed by Microsoft Active Directory (aka network logon accounts). Requests for new Active Directory accounts or modifications to existing accounts needs to be done online via an online Account Request Form (ARF). There are currently several different online forms, each specific to the account type being requested and where the account is is being hosted, or where the required resource resides.
The three current ARF forms are the Medical Center ARF, Campus/SOM ARF, and the SFGH ARF. Your request will route to one of several account provisioning groups depending which form was used.
Please note: we strive to complete 80% of the requests within 3 business days. The length of time depends on the complexity of the request and responsivenss of other teams.
Medical Center ARF:
Use this ARF to request accounts and network share access hosted by the Medical Center.
- Active Directory accounts hosted on the UCSFMC domain
- APeX access
- Network Shares on \\deptshares.ucsfmedicalcenter.org
- Surgery Network File Shares (i.e. \\surgfpsxxx)
- Medical Center (Cisco) VPN
Instructions for using the Medical Center ARF can be found here.
Campus/SOM ARF (ITFS Customers)
Used to request accounts and network share access hosted by the Campus or School of Medicine IT units. ITFS customers should use this form for new employees.
ITFS customers should use this form when requesting access to the following UCSF services and for subsubscribing new employees to Basic or Premium.
- Active Directory accounts hosted on the CAMPUS or SOM domains
- CAMPUS\username or SOM\username
- Network and file share access at \\SOM\xxxx or \\campus.net.ucsf.edu\xxx
- Enrolling in or making changes to ITFS subscription or initiating an exemption from ITFS support
The "Campus & Shool of Medicine Account Request Form" can be found at http://help.ucsf.edu >> Accounts and Email
Instructions for using the Campus/SOM ARF can be found here.
*Note certain access requests for School of Medicine can only be submitted by the department authorized requestor. A complete list of authorized requestors can be found here.
Used to request UCSF Active Directory accounts, email, and network share access hosted by San Francisco General Hospital.
ITFS customers located at SFGH should use this form when requesting access to the following UCSF services.
- Active Directory accounts specific to SFGH Organizational Units
- CAMPUS\username or SOM\username logon accounts but specific to SFGH departments
- network and file share access specific to SFGH departments
The "SFGH Account Request" can be found online at http://help.ucsf.edu >> Accounts and Email
*Note: this online form is only visible to certain identified Division Administrators.
Please contact the Service Desk at 514-4100 if you need guidance.
Escalate issues to: [email protected]