Box Edit is an application which lets you open and save files directly from Box. It saves you the step of downloading a file you wish to edit and uploading the file after the edit has been made.
Latest versions of Box Edit:
- Windows v220.127.116.113
- Mac v4.1.0
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7, 8.1, and 10
- MacOS 10.12 and 10.13
- Firefox - The two latest versions
- Chrome - The two latest versions
- Safari - The two latest versions on MacOS 10.12 and 10.13
- IE 11
Anything not listed above is not supported. For an up-to-date list of supported browsers and operating systems, visit here.
How To Install
- Log in to UCSF Box via MyAccess Single Sign-On via https://myaccess.ucsf.edu/. Preview the file you wish to edit by left clicking it. Click the Open with Word button if it’s a word document or Open with Excel if it’s an excel document.
- A window will automatically pop up asking you if you would like to install Box Edit. Select Download to install Box Edit.
- Follow the instructions and select Continue. If you are unable to download the installer with this method, you can also download the installer here.
- Save the installer to your computer.
- Install Box Edit. It will now automatically run in the background.