For UCSF Box users:
If you are interested in using UCSF Box with external collaborators, invite them to your shared folder by typing their email into the text box where you would usually invite a UCSF collaborator. This will send them an email that invites them to collaborate on your folder. Then direct them to this page for instructions on how to set up their own Box account. After they have created their own Box account, you'll be able to add them as a collaborator to your folder as if they were a part of UCSF.
If your external collaborator only needs read-only access to your files and does NOT need the ability to edit your files, you can use a shared link instead.
For external collaborators:
If you are external to UCSF and need the ability to edit Box data, you will need an account to be able to upload files and make changes. Follow the instructions below to set up a free Box account.
- You will receive an email from your UCSF collaborator that looks like this. Click on Accept Invite.
- You will be directed to this page. Click on the lower section that says Not a part of University of California, San Francisco?
- If you already have a Box account, log into your account on the login screen here. Once you log in, you will be directed to your UCSF-owned file. If you do not yet have a Box account associated with the email address that the UCSF collaborator used to share the file with you, click on Sign Up.
- To create a new account, you will be directed to Box's sign up screen. Click on Individual Plans to sign up for a free account.
- Then click on Sign Up and follow those instructions.
- Once you create an account, you will be directed to your UCSF-owned file.
Go BackHomeGo Forward