Latest versions of CipherCloud agent:
- Windows v6.0.108
- Mac v6.0.119
Supported operating systems:
- Windows 7, 8 and 10
- MacOS 10.12 or newer
How to install
- Download the CipherCloud agent installer at UCSF Other Software.
- Run the installer as an administrator. After finishing the installation process, the following message will notify you that the agent has been installed:
- Once the agent is installed, it will run passively in the background and allow access to your encrypted files.
- The agent requires you to authenticate to Box once every 30 days (even if you are already logged into Box).
- To do this: Log into the window that pops up when you try to access your Secure file.
How to authenticate
The first time you try to open an encrypted file after you have installed the CipherCloud agent, a window will pop up.
- Select Use Single Sign On (SSO) and enter your UCSF email address.
- You will be directed to enter your UCSF MyAccess login: Log in with your credentials.
- Click on Grant access to Box to complete the authorization process. Your encrypted file will open shortly.
- You will need to repeat this process every 30 days.
Is there a performance hit using the CipherCloud agent?
- When the agent isn't actively encrypting or decrypting a file, there is no performance difference. There may be a very minimal delay during decryption and encryption; its length will depend on the size of the file.
How is the CipherCloud agent updated?
- The CipherCloud agent is distributed and updated by BigFix on UCSF managed computers.