This content is viewable by Everyone
Office 365: Word
Supporting Training: Office 365: Word Training
How to Request Access
Everyone with a @ucsf.edu email address has access. However, a separate license is needed for desktop and mobile apps and some add-ins. A license can be requested using the Office 365 License Request form.
NOTE: You do not need to be on VPN to use the Microsoft Word desktop application.
Word helps you put your best words forward – anytime, anywhere and with anyone. A new, modern take on the desktop application built for the creation of polished documents.
Create your best work with Microsoft 365. You get premium versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and more.
- Review and read your writing with ease
- Transform documents to web pages
- Access your documents from a computer, tablet, or phone with OneDrive
- Share your documents, and work with others
We have multiple ways for you to get the help you need. For questions and support:
- Check the Frequently Asked Questions
- Submit a ticket on our Employee Self-service Portal
- Chat with other Office 365 users at UCSF on the Office 365 Team (or use the join code: 7me7twx)
To learn more about Word training, visit our Training page.
Requirements and limitations
To access Office 365 you need a web browser (Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge are recommended for the best experience) and an @ucsf.edu email address.
- Service Manager: Kevin Dale