UCSF IT and Student Academic Affairs partnered to provide current UCSF faculty, staff and students free access to Qualtrics, a robust online survey tool.
- Log in to Qualtrics.
- Determine if your survey requires CHR approval.
- Visit the Qualtrics FAQ.
The Qualtrics Research Suite allows you to build, distribute and analyze online surveys – from the very simple to the most complex.
Collaborate in real time, export data in multiple formats (e.g., SPSS, Excel, HTML, PDF and more) and integrate with existing Customer Relationship Management solutions (e.g., SalesForce).
- Access 100+ surveys and question types through the Qualtrics Library.
- Choose from UCSF-approved templates, fonts and colors.
- Send and track participation invitations.
- Embed video, audio and graphics.
- Create mobile-friendly surveys.
- Utilize online helps and tutorials.
- Utilize polls and website feedback tools.
- Accept document uploads.
Learn more about Qualtrics Survey Software features.
Compare some of the survey tools available at UCSF.
Who can use Qualtrics?
The Qualtrics survey suite is available to all current UCSF faculty, staff and students to support survey research and program evaluation.
Endorsement and branding
Individuals who sign up for a UCSF Qualtrics account have the option of being assigned a Division based on their affiliation with UCSF. There are many benefits of being included in a Division, including:
- Receiving school or department endorsement
- The ability to collaborate and share resources with others in your group
Contact your department or school coordinator for more information regarding Division affiliation.
Qualtrics can be used to collect and store protected patient and personal data (PHI and PII). Refer to UCSF policy regarding data security and HIPAA and FERPA regulations.