Duo Manual Enrollment for APeX Connect Portal
Welcome APeX Connect Portal users!
*** HAVING TROUBLE LOGGING INTO CONNECT PORTAL? Please follow link to instructions for ignoring or clearing your cache.***
Completing your Duo enrollment: follow these instructions if you don't have the email with the subject Duo Security Enrollment from [email protected].
- Install the Duo Mobile app on your smartphone. It is the most convenient, easy-to-use option and it's free.
To download the app, click the appropriate link below for your smartphone, or search for "Duo mobile" in your phone's app store:
If you do not plan to use your mobile phone with Duo, skip to step 2.
- Go to connect.ucsfmedicalcenter.org and login with your APeX username and password.
- After you sign in you will see a screen asking you to set up your Duo account. You will only be asked to set up Duo once. Click Start setup to continue.
- Select the type of device you will use to verify your Duo account. A mobile phone is recommended, since you are likely to have it with you at all times.
- Enter your phone number.
- Confirm that the phone number you entered is correct by checking the box next to it, then click Continue.
- Select Call me or Text me to verify that the number you entered belongs to you. In this example we will click Text me.
- After clicking Text me you will receive a text message at the number you entered, with a 6-digit verification code.
- Enter the code and click Verify. If the code matches, you will see a green check mark next to Verify. Click Continue.
- You have added your phone! Click Continue to Login.
- You have successfully enrolled in Duo! You can now use Duo for logging into all Duo-enabled applications. You can find more information on the Duo Login Experience.