This content is viewable by Everyone
CipherCloud .ccsecure Files
- Audience: Affiliate, Faculty, Staff, Student
- Service Category: Business Applications
- CipherCloud is constantly scanning Box and OneDrive for UCSF PHI in the background.
- When it discovers UCSF PHI in a file, it encrypts the file and replaces it with a file of the same name and a .ccsecure extension.
- Once a file has been encrypted, it cannot be searched or previewed.
- Only the CipherCloud agent can access its contents.
- Learn more on the Cipher Cloud page under the section encryption.
Original File: MyPatientData.xlsx
Encrypted File: MyPatientData.xlsx.ccsecure
- To open a .ccsecure file, you will need to install the CipherCloud agent.