This content is viewable by Everyone
ITFS Desktop Support FAQs
Frequently asked questions
How do I request Desktop Support?
- IT Field Services customers and former SOM ISU and ITS DLS customers: Call the Service Desk at 415-514-4100 to have a ticket created. You may also chat with a Service Desk Technician now.
- If you have no support or receive support from another team, please do call the Service Desk so a ticket is created and correctly routed.
How do I get or manage network storage?
- All clients are provided with a base of 5GB of network storage, which is backed up nightly. Additional storage is available as needed.
- Staff can self-restore files for a 14-day window; if you need longer file storage, you may submit a request. We can also back up local workstations for staff who cannot access the primary provided network storage. If you need either service, submit a request in one of two ways:
- Contact the IT Service Desk (415-514-4100).
- Submit a request via the Employee Self Service Portal to open a Service-Now ticket.
How do I request access to network shares?
- Ask your Departmental Authorized Account Requestor or Manager to submit a ticket. This person will need to fill out the appropriate form on the Employee Self-Service site: https://ucsf.service-now.com/ess/.
How do I dispose of or surplus unwanted or old equipment?
- Important: All data must be removed from any equipment no longer in use.
- For data removal: IT Field Services customers, please call the Service Desk at 415-514-4100 to have a ticket created.
How do I order mobile devices (smartphones, tablets)?
IT Field Services customers: Check with your supervisor to request a mobile device.