The Premium Desktop Support service includes all services provided by the Basic Desktop Support service, with differentiators that increase the overall scope, flexibility, quality and responsiveness of the service.
Premium Desktop Support is designed to address the needs of customers whose requirements extend beyond what the Basic Desktop Support model provides. Examples include customers who require:
- Extended support hours
- Faster response times
- Support of nonstandard or out-of-warranty hardware configurations
- Enhanced training
- Special onsite support for presentations and events
- Support for developer workstations
Key differentiators of the Premium Desktop Support service include:
Note: Standard productivity software and Microsoft Office are included in the monthly subscription fee (see Cost).
Hours of support
IT Service Desk support is available 24/7/365.
- On-site field support is available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- After-hours on-site support for UCSF locations is available with prior arrangement.
- After-hours remote support is available through the Service Desk; field staff are available on-call.
For responses to incidents, the ITS goal is to (1) assign tickets and (2) acknowledge ticket assignments from the Service Desk within two business hours of receipt.
We will make every effort to respond to urgent issues in less time (for example, if your computer is not working).
Premium Desktop Support customers are encouraged to purchase Dell or Mac hardware based on the ITFS standards.
Nonstandard hardware models will be supported under Premium Desktop Support when a business justification exists.
Support for out-of-warranty hardware and systems over five years old will be provided by special arrangement to accommodate situations when hardware upgrades are not feasible (e.g., lab computer equipment running legacy software).
Loaner laptops and projectors are available by reservation for up to two weeks.
To accommodate special situations when software upgrades are not feasible, clinical applications requiring a local installation, Dragon and other applications out of manufacturer support will be provided by special arrangement.
Storage and data backup
Premium Desktop Support includes:
- Unlimited UCSF Box storage
- 15GB upload limit for individual files
The Premium Desktop Support service includes project management for relocation coordination services for larger office and lab relocations (more than 3 people).
For large moves or moves between buildings, the customer will work with a vendor (e.g., NorCal) to handle physical transport of equipment to the new location. (For very large moves, please contact us in advance to coordinate and plan.)
- Network connectivity planning
- Coordinating requests for static IP addresses for printers and workstations
- Disconnecting and reconnecting computers, printers and peripherals
- Configuring and confirming connectivity to required resources in the new location
- Follow-up floor support in the days immediately following the move
Premium Desktop Support provides on-site presentation support at UCSF facilities, including:
- Connecting to projectors
- Configuring and confirming wireless network access
- Presentation troubleshooting
For rooms supported by other groups (e.g., ETS, CTSI), we will coordinate with them and escalate as necessary.
Please contact us in advance for scheduling.
Local administrative rights may be granted by exception when a strong business justification exists (e.g., developer workstations).