SEP for Mac: Troubleshooting
Table of Contents:
- SEP for Mac: Troubleshooting
- Common Behaviour from the SEP for Mac Client
- Temporarily disabling the SEP client
- Communications issues for updates to definitions and policies
- Checking Logs on a Mac
- Uninstalling a SEP client
- Reporting issues and Getting Additional Help
- Advanced Troubleshooting for the tech-savvy
- Go to Applications -> Symantec Solutions -> Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Click on 'View Log History'
SEP for Mac installation logs are stored in the system's install logs:
- Review the file /private/var/log/install.log
- the phrase "Symantec Endpoint Protection Installation Log" will appear at the beginning of the installation cycle
- also accessible through the Console app utility.
Information on exporting the logs mentioned above, can be found in the Symantec Knowledge Base Article TECH214527
Advanced users (tech savvy) can review more logs by following the instructions found on the Symantec Knowledge Base Article TECH134761, which covers using the "GatherSymantecInfo" tool from Symantec.