SEP for Mac: Troubleshooting
- Gather the "Troubleshooting" information found on the client
(this will provide useful information regarding versions, communication settings, actions, updates, etc.)
- Go to Applications -> Symantec Solutions -> Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Click on 'View Log History'
- On the left colum, verify that "All" is highlighted
- Click on the button 'Export'
- Note the value in the "Where:" field, then click on the button "Save"
- Be prepared to provide this file when contacting the IT Service Desk
- Contact the Service Desk by:
- visiting https://ucsf.service-now.com/ess/
- calling them at (415) 514-4100
Table of Contents:
- SEP for Mac: Troubleshooting
- Common Behaviour from the SEP for Mac Client
- Temporarily disabling the SEP client
- Communications issues for updates to definitions and policies
- Checking Logs on a Mac
- Uninstalling a SEP client
- Reporting issues and Getting Additional Help
- Advanced Troubleshooting for the tech-savvy