UCSF Password Management Tool
Information about the Service
The UCSF Password Management Tool is a self-service tool to manage your UCSF account (i.e., the account you use to log into your computer, email, or access the UCSF network). Registering your account with the UCSF Password Management Tool allows you to easily change your password, unlock your account, and access your account when you have forgotten your password using security questions that you define.
Anyone with a UCSF Active Directory (i.e., UCSF email) account can use the tool.
Register your account by logging into https://password.ucsf.edu and following the prompts to create your security questions and answers. Complete instructions for registering your account can be found at How to Use the UCSF Password Management Tool.
Once enrolled, use the UCSF Password Management Tool to:
- Change your password
- Unlock your account
- Access your account if you have forgotten your password, by answering security questions that you define
- Register your mobile device, so you can change your password or unlock your account when you're away from your computer
Read more about how to use the UCSF Password Management Tool immediately below in the "How To" section.
- How to Use the UCSF Password Management Tool
- Logging into your UCSF account for the first time
- Choose a good password that meets the UCSF Enterprise Password Standard
Contact the IT Service Desk 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, if you have questions.