This content is viewable by Everyone
Criteria for Premium Support
Impacted Services IT Field Services (ITFS) Desktop Support
What you need to know
Premium Desktop Support is available for computers and devices that meet the following criteria:
- Computers used for UCSF business must comply with all UCSF security policies, whether or not they are UCSF-owned.
- Computers must be able to run all UCSF-required software to meet security policies, including but not limited to:
- Anti-virus and anti-malware software
- Whole-disk encryption
- Host-based firewall
- Strong password enforcement
- Encrypted authentication
- Software patches and critical updates
- Disabled unnecessary services
- Computers must be running current operating system requirements.
- Smartphones: iPhones must have iOS greater than 5, Android devices, 3 or greater.
- Tablets must be iPad or Android devices.
- Printers must be standard.
- Support technician administrative access must exist or can be created on the computer. This can be a local admin account or a domain account with admin access.
- IT must be able to re-image a computer when necessary to resolve an incident or complete a service request. We only back up user profiles, so make sure you have installers and licenses for nonstandard software.
- The Service Desk must be able to remotely control the computer with the client’s authorization.
- Support can only be provided at UCSF IT locations. We cannot go to a customer's house to perform service.
Because of the compliance risk created by personally owned devices, we strongly encourage departments to provide UCSF-owned devices to faculty and staff whose jobs require them to work remotely.
Support for devices and applications not covered under Premium support is available by special arrangement for an hourly charge. Hourly support is "best-effort" and is performed as time permits.
- Owning Team: IT Field Services Customer Engagement