What you need to know
Box Edit is an application that lets you open and save files directly from Box. It saves you the step of downloading a file you wish to edit and uploading the file after the edit has been made.
- Latest versions of Box Edit:
- Windows v184.108.40.2063
- Mac v4.1.0
- Supported operating systems:
- Windows 7, 8.1, and 10
- MacOS 10.12+
- Supported browsers:
- Firefox – The two latest versions
- Chrome – The two latest versions
- Safari – The latest versions on MacOS 10.12+
- IE 11
Anything not listed above is not supported. Visit Box for up-to-date list of supported browsers and operating systems.
How to install
Steps to follow
- Go to Box and download the appropriate Box Tools installer for your operating system.
- Run the Box Tools installer.
- Follow the prompts to install or update Box Tools on your computer.
- If you use Internet Explorer (Windows only) or Safari (macOS only), you may need to take additional steps for these browsers:
- For IE 11, see the Box Edit Internet Explorer Configuration Guide for details.
- For Safari, after installing Box Tools v4, navigate to Preferences > Extensions in Safari's menu and check Box Tools Safari Extension.
- If you do not see Box Tools Safari Extension in Safari's Preferences > Extensions, close and reopen Safari and try again.
- For UCSF-managed Windows 10 machines, contact the IT Service Desk to have Box Tools installed.