This content is viewable by Everyone
What you need to know
Box Edit is an application that lets you open and save files directly from Box. It saves you the step of downloading a file you wish to edit and uploading the file after the edit has been made.
- Latest versions of Box Edit:
- Windows v220.127.116.113
- Mac v4.1.0
- Supported operating systems:
- Windows 7, 8.1, and 10
- MacOS 10.12+
- Supported browsers:
- Firefox – The two latest versions
- Chrome – The two latest versions
- Safari – The latest versions on MacOS 10.12+
- IE 11
Anything not listed above is not supported. Visit Box for up-to-date list of supported browsers and operating systems.
How to install
Steps to follow
- Go to Box and download the appropriate Box Tools installer for your operating system.
- Run the Box Tools installer.
- Follow the prompts to install or update Box Tools on your computer.
- If you use Internet Explorer (Windows only) or Safari (macOS only), you may need to take additional steps for these browsers:
- For IE 11, see the Box Edit Internet Explorer Configuration Guide for details.
- For Safari, after installing Box Tools v4, navigate to Preferences > Extensions in Safari's menu and check Box Tools Safari Extension.
- If you do not see Box Tools Safari Extension in Safari's Preferences > Extensions, close and reopen Safari and try again.
- For UCSF-managed Windows 10 machines, contact the IT Service Desk to have Box Tools installed.