This content is viewable by Everyone
Box: Folder Settings
What you need to know
As a folder Owner, you can control how your collaborators view and manage the files in your folder.
You can access these capabilities by selecting the button for a file or folder, scroll down to Properties, and then select Settings.
- Invitation Restrictions – Choose who can collaborate in this folder and how they can join.
- Commenting – Disable and hide comments on content in this folder.
- Shared Link Access – Restrict who can access this folder via shared links.
- Invitation Link – Use the generated link to invite collaborators into this folder with a specific permission level. This feature can only be enabled and disabled by folder owners. It is automatically disabled when collaboration is restricted to within UCSF.
- Watermark Folder – To deter unauthorized sharing, watermarking places a semi-transparent overlay of the current viewer's username and time of access across a document's contents. Turned on, it will apply to all images, text-based documents, and presentations in the folder and subfolders.
- Email Uploads – Allow people in this folder to upload files via email.
- Delete or Unshare – Set a date to automatically delete or unshare the folder.
- Notifications – Control the frequency and type of email updates generated from this folder.